Life of Jesus
Increase Our Faith
- Then He said to the disciples, "It is impossible that no offenses should come,
but woe to him through whom they do come!
- "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he
were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
- "Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if
he repents, forgive him.
- "And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day
returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him."
- And the apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith."
- So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this
mulberry tree, 'Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,' and it
would obey you.
- "And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him
when he has come in from the field, 'Come at once and sit down to eat'?
- "But will he not rather say to him, 'Prepare something for my supper, and gird
yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat
- "Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him?
I think not.
- "So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded,
say, 'We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.'"